Four simple tips
1. Brush twice a day, using fluoride toothpaste
• * Brush your teeth for at least two minutes, twice a day.
• * Use a soft-bristled toothbrush with small head and flexible neck. A basic
“Sonic tooth brush” would make it easier and more efficient with cleaning teeth.
• * Clean teeth systematically, holding toothbrush at gum line at a 45-degree
• * Don’t press too hard – too much pressure can damage gums and tooth
• * Choose a toothpaste with fluoride and replace your toothbrush/tooth brush
head every three months.
2. Use floss at least once a day
• * Make flossing part of your oral hygiene regime.
• * Floss at least once a day use Dental Floss OR Water Floss
• * Ask your dentist to demonstrate the correct flossing technique.
• * Ask your dentist if interdental aids will complement your flossing.
• * Your children should floss too, start as soon as your child has two teeth that
3. Eat healthy and have less sugary drinks and food
• * Limit your sugar intake as its the single biggest cause of tooth decay.
• * Fluoridated tap water is best.
• * Read ingredients label on food products as many have hidden sugars.
• * Choose teeth friendly foods such as cheese, nuts and vegetables.• *
Avoid snacking and grazing. 4. Have regular dental check-ups• * Make sure you
visit your dentist regularly, at least once a year!