Gummy smile refer to the condition where too much gum is displayed when smile.
Causes of a Gummy Smile
There are several possible causes, including:
1. The abnormal eruption of the upper teeth and they bring the gum down with them
2. Teeth covered by excessive gum tissue appear short, even though they may actually be the proper length.
3. The muscle that controls the movement of your upper lip could be hyperactive, causing your upper lip to rise up higher than normal. When this occurs, more of your gum tissue is exposed when you smile.
4. The upper jaw bone over growth.
Gummy Smile may indicate that there is a more serious underlying dental conditions could be present. For example, if you have a gummy smile caused as a result of how the teeth over erupted and/or the jaw over developed, you may also have an uncomfortable or improper bite that could ultimately affect your long-term oral health.
Depending on the nature of your specific clinical condition, treatment could include one or more of the following:
1. Same-day laser treatments (in minor cases) if your teeth are normal in length and the gum are over growth.
2. Orthodontics: Braces OR Invisalign to move the teeth into more suitable positions.
3. Botox injection to reduce the activity of the hyper active muscle that pulls your lip up caused the gummy smile.
4. Surgical Sculpting of the gingival tissues and bone to create healthier and more attractive looking gum contours.
Below are examples of the amazing results that we has achieved with some of our Gummy Smile patients
We are providing Gummy Smile treatments for patients from Penrith and surrounding areas including Windsor, St Marys, Mount Druitt and Rooty Hill…
Call us today on 4731 4655 so we could help to improve your smile!