Oral Health Basics
Tips on how to keep your teeth gums healthy!
Oral health basics
Four simple tips
1. Brush twice a day, using fluoride toothpaste
- * Brush your teeth for at least two minutes, twice a day.
- * Use a soft-bristled toothbrush with small head and flexible neck.
- * Clean teeth systematically, holding toothbrush at gumline at a 45 degree angle.
- * Don’t press too hard – too much pressure can damage gums and tooth enamel.
- * Choose a toothpaste with fluoride and replace your toothbrush every three months.
2. Use floss at least once a day
- * Make flossing part of your oral hygiene regime.
- * Floss at least once a day.
- * Ask your dentist to demonstrate the correct flossing technique.
- * Ask your dentist if interdental aids will complement your flossing.
- * Your children should floss too, start as soon as your child has two teeth that touch
3. Eat healthy and have less sugary drinks and food
- * Limit your sugar intake as its the singlebiggest cause of tooth decay.
- * Fluoridated tap water is best.
- * Read ingredients ;abel on food products as many have hidden sugars.
- * Choose teeth friendly foods such as cheese, nuts and vegetables.
- * Avoid snacking and grazing.
4. Have regular dental check-ups
- * Make sure you visit your dentist regularly, at least once a year!