Tips on how to keep teeth for life
1. Brush twice a day, using fluoride toothpaste
- Brush your teeth for at least two minutes, twice a day.
- Use a soft-bristled toothbrush with small head and flexible neck.
- Clean teeth systematically, holding toothbrush at gumline at a 45 degree angle.
- Don’t press too hard – too much pressure can damage gums and tooth enamel.
- Choose a toothpaste with fluoride and replace your toothbrush every three months.
2. Use floss at least once a day
- Make flossing part of your oral hygiene regime.
- Floss at least once a day. Use Water Pik if you it difficult to use dental floss.
- Ask your dentist to demonstrate the correct flossing technique.
- Ask your dentist if interdental aids will complement your flossing.
- Your children should floss too, start as soon as your child has two teeth that touch
3. Eat healthy and have less sugary drinks and food to improve chance to keep teeth for life
- Limit your sugar intake as its the single biggest cause of tooth decay.
- Fluoridated tap water is best.
- Read ingredients label on food products as many have hidden sugars.
- Choose teeth friendly foods such as cheese, nuts and vegetables.
- Avoid snacking and grazing.
4. Have regular dental check-ups
- Make sure you visit your dentist regularly, at least once a year!
If you are follow these simple steps, you will be able to keep teeth for life.
Call us today on 02 4731 4655 today to get your teeth check!